Terms & Conditions:
Thank you for choosing to honour yourself and undergo a transformation in beauty, confidence and well-being. In order to facilitate an effortless transformation, please be mindful of the following:
This is a commitment to yourself, not to a service provider. The beneficiary of these services is you, and it is your own transformation that you need to commit to. If you commit yourself, The Beauty Brand will commit to you.
- “The Beauty Brand” shall mean The Beauty Brand the organisation, all Affiliates and all trading divisions and outlets thereof;
- “Affiliates” means any person, firm or corporation which is a subsidiary, partner, colleague or assistant of The Beauty Brand.
- “CPA” shall mean the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
- “Credit Act” shall mean the National Credit Act 34 of 2005;
- “Client” shall mean the person, natural or otherwise, who purchases the Product or Gift voucher or Services from The Beauty Brand under these Terms and Conditions and shall include any ultimate end user of the Products;
- “Policies” means the various The Beauty Brand policies which form part of these Terms and Conditions and which may be updated from time to time;
- “Products” shall mean all products and services presently being sold or supplied by The Beauty Brand and Affiliates;
- “EFT” means the Electronic Funds Transfer that is utilised for Bank to Bank transfers within South Africa.
Confirming a transformation date:
- Dates can only be confirmed AFTER payment is processed and receipted.
- The priority for a date is given to the FIRST person to confirm payment for that date. If the date you have selected is important to you, commit to it.
- If, for any reason, your dates change, it is your responsibility to update The Beauty Brand immediately (addressed later as well).
- Payments from South African clients are accepted via EFT. Special arrangements will be made for clients outside of South Africa on a case by case basis.
- Note, the payment is complete only after the bank confirmation reaches The Beauty Brand.
- In situations where payment is being made for a group (such as a bridal party for example), full payment is required for all members of the group prior to the date being secured. Please ensure that one person is responsible for the collection and payment of all the fees to facilitate easier administration and avoid confusion.
- Travel is charged at R6.00 per km which covers petrol, toll fees, wear and tear, time out the office
- If The Beauty Brand has to travel more than 100km, and work commence at 8am, it is required that accommodation be provided the night before, at the client’s cost.
- Any travel out of Gauteng will be for the clients’ cost and negotiated on a case by case basis.
- Any travel expenses incurred after payments are processed will be invoiced.
- Please ensure that care is taken when filling in the booking form which allocates times.
- It is critical to ensure that time slots are strictly adhered to. Any client not available at the start time for their booking will be treated as a “no-show” and forfeit that time slot.
- Transforming people takes time. It is a process. Respect your own transformation and self-esteem enough to be on time. Remain committed.
- For groups, all transformation sessions happen in the same location (pre-determined at the booking stage), and are to be consecutive (one after the other).
- Appointments prior to 8am will be charged an additional fee of R200 per hour for each hour.
- When an artist decides to put their creative genius into a canvas, a bare minimum set of requirements are needed to ensure that the artist can deliver their highest quality. Similarly, when The Beauty Brand does your transformation, some minimum requirements must be present:
- A table, work area must be available for the artist.
- A comfortable bar chair, bar stool, or similar for the client.
- Ample natural light is necessary for the artist to function. For example, double open windows with no trees facing north would be ideal.
- The room should be well ventilated or air conditioned if possible, and be large enough to accommodate the client, and any additional personnel needed for a transformation.
- If the client consists of a group, all the clients will have to be done in the same room. There is too much equipment, products and related to relocate and set up in different rooms.
- Clients arriving for a transformation should have clean, moisturised faces, with all traces of waterproof mascara (and any other makeup) must be removed.
- If possible, relaxing, soft background music is beneficial.
- When providing meals for the artist, please provide something healthy (no wheat, gluten or sugar).
- When providing accommodation for the artist, a minimum 4 star rating is required.
- While we understand that “life” sometimes happen in ways we didn’t plan, it is important to note that once The Beauty Brand commits to a date and time, no other bookings are made for that time slot (including travel time). Therefore, in the event of a short cancellation notice period, that time slot is permanently lost revenue for The Beauty Brand.
- Consequently, refunds on cancellations are as follows:
- More than 12 weeks’ notice: 90% refund
- 6 to 12 weeks’ notice: 50% refund
- Less than 6 weeks’ notice: no refund
- Similarly, changing dates or rescheduling an appointment may attract similar fees:
- More than 8 weeks’ notice of reschedule: no penalty
- 6 to 8 weeks’ notice of reschedule: 10% of total service cost as penalty
- Less than 4 weeks’ notice of reschedule: 33% of total service cost as penalty
- Less than 2 weeks’ notice of reschedule: 50% of total service cost as penalty
- Less than 1 weeks’ notice of reschedule: 70% of total service cost as penalty
- In the event of extenuating circumstances The Beauty Brand may, at their sole discretion, choose to apply lesser penalties or cancellations costs if circumstances warrant.
- In the event that The Beauty Brand is personally unable to deliver the services paid for (due to illness for example), a suitable replacement who is available on the specified date will be made available. The Beauty Brand has arrangements in place with service providers to ensure that your dates are met.
- The Beauty Brand reserves the right to use images, audio, video and any other form of footage of the transformation process in any form of publication, whether online, print or any other environment, at their sole discretion.
- The client will not be eligible for any remuneration for the use of these images and agrees to such terms.
- The Beauty Brand asserts that no image, footage or video that contains nudity of any kind will be published.
- Client gives The Beauty Brand permission to use the client’s first name, or initials to identify the images. No other personal information will be shared.
- The client may choose to revoke these rights, in which case The Beauty Brand is denied a testimonial and a record of their work.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Internationally recognised brand name products are used in the transformation process. These products are not tested on animals, and are hypoallergenic. However, should a reaction occur (it has not happened to date), The Beauty Brand cannot accept any liability for this.
- Clients are advised that part of the booking confirmation includes a disclosure form wherein any allergies, skin problems or issues or previous reactions are required to be listed.
- Clients with known skin conditions who choose not to have a test prior to their specified date do so at their own risk.
- Client(s) acknowledges and agrees not to hold The Beauty Brand or their Affiliates liable for any event(s) that results from a reaction to any products.
- The Beauty Brand reserves the right to amend, change or alter the pricing for their services at any time without prior notice. However, once a date is confirmed and paid for, the base cost of the services will remain the same if no additional requirements to the agreed services are requested, and the travel estimations are in line with the original specifications.
- The Beauty Brand and her Affiliates shall not incur any liability of whatever nature arising in contract or delict from any injury, loss or damage to any person or property arising from the use of any products.
- The products supplied by The Beauty Brand shall be suitable only for the purpose designed and intended and the client shall ensure the products are handled, stored, installed, used, worn or otherwise dealt with in a normal and proper manner, and where applicable, in a manner consistent with the directions for use given by The Beauty Brand.
- No action or claim of whatever nature shall lie against The Beauty Brand or their Affiliates arising out of or in connection with any defect in, or unsuitability of, any products.
- Without derogating from the generality of any of the provisions hereof, The Beauty Brand and their Affiliates shall not at any time be liable for any claims of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may be sustained by the client in connection with the use of the Products and the client herby indemnifies and agrees to defend and hold harmless The Beauty Brand and their Affiliates against all such claims.
- These Terms and Conditions, and all transactions relating to the purchase of Products using The Beauty Brand and Affiliates shall be governed in all respects by, and shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Subject to the CPA, the Customer also agrees and consents in terms of Section 45 of the Magistrate’s Court Act (“the MCA”) to the jurisdiction of a Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction in respect of the Customer or the claim in terms of Section 28 of the MCA in respect of any proceedings or claims or action being instituted against the Client by The Beauty Brand and/or their Affiliates in terms hereof or otherwise, notwithstanding that the amount of such claim may exceed the jurisdiction of such Magistrate’s Court, provided that The Beauty Brand and/or their Affiliates may at their discretion be entitled to bring such proceedings in any other court of competent jurisdiction, the client agreeing and submitting itself to the jurisdiction of the South Gauteng Division of the High Court of South Africa or any other division of the High Court of South Africa chosen by The Beauty Brand in the event of The Beauty Brand exercising its rights in terms hereof.
- Address for service of legal process: The client chooses its domicilium citandi et executandi at the shipping or delivery address as reflected in the invoice for the products or services, failing which, any other physical address of the client.